> It's not slander when it is true and I'm 99.5% certain since I've seen the logs

I have the same logs. The early work was not done by me, and I assumed that Steve had used leaked datasheets, but I was wrong. It was pure RE, from publicly available utilities and datasheets.

> However that said I will try and get my hands on those logs if you want to keep pressing me on this.

You are not a threat to me, but sure, whatever.

> I didn't say that. Libreboot in itself is not illegal. You did compromise the legal integrity of the project though and probably coreboot now.

No, I didn't. What you're doing here is to try discredit the libreboot project by, once again, spreading FUD. It's not going to work, and it's only going to hurt your reputation.

> Yea- I don't think that you think that Libreboot is a dead-end project. You only think x86 is.

I've always said that x86 is a dead end, much like you. The difference, is how I deal with it. I still use x86 hardware, as a means to an end (raising funds for future work, work that will be more long-term beneficial to the community). I'm well aware of how hopeless x86 is, especially with Intel. AMD is also going in a bad direction.

Hell, I even wrote this FAQ about Intel (I even called them "bastards"): http://libreboot.org/faq/#intel

> It's a small point in either case. I do think libreboot is a dead-end project though given it's utterly > useless for other architectures which we actually have a chance at completely or near-completely freeing. > You can do it, but that doesn't mean it adds any value to a free software laptop as we don't need libreboot > for ARM and other architectures. We have other bootloaders under free software licenses that we (and others)
> can use. In fact we're already using them!

What makes you think I won't start integrating u-boot into libreboot? The build system that libreboot uses makes this incredibly easy.

In fact, I'm currently contemplating this as we speak, and have done so for some time. It was also mentioned briefly on the libreboot website, though I'm not sure if I left those notes intact.

Libreboot is short for "libre boot firmware", and has nothing to do with coreboot. The mere fact that it currently uses coreboot as one of its modules, for a few systems, is simply a coincidence.

> I also wanted to point out that the FSF isn't going to laugh at us like you implied previously. > For one the majority of people support and respect what I have to say (even if I am wrong about something). Nobody is perfect.

I don't want the FSF or anyone else to laugh about you. I just want you to stop attacking the libreboot project and me personally. Nothing more, nothing less.

> We don't need the excessive baggage that comes with coreboot/libreboot. We can reduce the size of the bootloader significantly via the use of other free bootloaders.

This is a question of practicality and implementation, not ethics. There's nothing wrong, practically speaking with coreboot, and I disagree entirely that it is an irrelevant project. The number of code contributions to coreboot has more than *tripled* in the last few years, and more hardware manufacturers are starting to use it. It's a long battle, mostly due to the concentration of monopolies (IBVs, ODMs, OEMs and so on) but we'll get there in the end.

Once again, I challenge you to go into the coreboot mailing list or IRC channel (or both. probably the mailing list) and say these things. They will shoot you down, as the ignorant and misinformed person that you are. You are ignorant, precisely because of your comments about coreboot in this regard.

> In any event it shouldn't be insulting to coreboot/libreboot developers. It is a good project. > It's just that its time has come and gone. Didn't you even say five minutes ago that it was dead or dying?

Far from it. Libreboot is expanding. In fact, check the libreboot website over the course of the next month. I dare you.

> No. That is your interpretation of it. I've done everything in my power to further advance free software friendly hardware.

I don't doubt it, but that also doesn't excuse your blatant attacks on the libreboot project (or the coreboot project), both of which are working extremely hard and doing everything that they can to advance freedom (less so in coreboot's case, not all of them are in this for free software activism).

> The reason Purism is bad is because they're lying and misleading people into thinking they have or are about to have a 100% free laptop. > We've done no such thing. Anybody who has ever asked us "do your computers computer with coreboot/libreboot?" has gotten a response saying something to this effect:

Yes, and that is commendable, that you are honest with people.

> !!!...Sometimes we've even linked people to minifree/gluglug...!!!

I don't care. I appreciate any good will that people can give towards the project, but no amount of good will excuses hostility at other times.

> Go listen to Freedoms Phoenix with Ernest Hancock. I know at least one of the shows I did with him > (I did several, find the ones with me or thinkpenguin listed) I even mentioned gluglug on the air in > a *positive light*. That isn't something someone who is out to get you does. There is *zero* benefit > for me to do that on a program that nobody here or in the free software community is likely to even be listening to.

If this is indeed true, then I thank you for that. I hope that you can continue to redeem yourself in the future.