So basically at the moment ThinkPenguin's funding LibreCMC's development, infrastructure, etc, 100%. It's not exactly a profitable thing, but it's also potentially a break even thing if we ever got around to adding 3-4 devices running LibreCMC to our catalog. We're close. But it's challenging given a lack of resources.

Trisquel's also getting 25% of the profits from any sales coming from http://libre.thinkpenguin.com so I would encourage you to utilize that URL. It helps us to gauge how practical certain projects might be. For example I have a decent idea that targeting free software users has a not-insignificant return so it makes sense to say target free software users when we help with/do a campaign like crowd funding the EOMA68 standard/laptop/Libre Tea Computer Card. If I thought it wouldn't have helped enough we'd probably have pushed more outside the free software community (as hilarious as that sounds given it is a libre project). I think the overwhelming # of people who went with the Libre Tea Computer Card over other options demonstrated very well that it wasn't a mistake. Many people mistakenly believe that the free software community has no impact. That's not true. We didn't primarily target free software users. That was only maybe 2/10's of those targeted. The majority of people targeted were from outside the free software universe.

We got a bunch of other projects and things we contribute to financially. 10% of the amount from sales sold via certain third parties goes to the FSF. It's not something that is well known. There are lots of other examples like this. Some are more substantial than this. We primarily only spend marketing $$$ in places where it has a benefit to freedom-related projects. I'm using that word very broadly here. It would encompass non-software related endeavours as well.