"I could go on all day about how "trans" people are diseased and don't
exist, but I'd be ignored and thrown out
of a safe-space that has been established by such "people.""

He didn't need to say this at all though. Why does he say it? To state his belief, as principled as it is? I'm sorry but it clearly is an insult, even if it is loosely implicit.

He could have, for instance, just emailed her to say he disagrees with the direction she's taken the project. He chose to state this, so I'm led to the conclusion that the meant to hurt Leah Rowe with these words.