If I sounded so, I didn't actually mean to race them against each other. They are all parts of the same ecology of course. GNU makes the base, while Debian getting them all and putting together to form a yet another product built on GNU products. Still, there is a niche ("Debian Libre") which is not currently filled by Debian or anybody else for that matter. Just like Debian gets GNU products as input, GNU can also get Debian products as input to fill that gap. They all belong to the same ecology afterall.

It can be pointed out that there are already several projects out there to fill that niche, but my main interest is in a "free-rider" one, which I have previously discussed in detail.