Good article, the user must always be weary. Battle for Wesnoth was on that Slant list, which is a rather excellent and established Libre game.

I do however disagree with your assessment of JavaScript games. As someone who spends all their free time writing Libre JavaScript, I have found that most JavaScript games are completely Libre. In fact not all minified JavaScript is obfuscated either, that seems to be a rather common misconception, most times you can drop that code into something like: http://jsbeautifier.org and the code will be perfectly readable.