I'm a teacher and I enjoy explaining stuff.

Same thing for me. You may find useful the slides I use to teach less, head, tail, cat, tr, wc, cut, paste, comm, join, sort, uniq, grep, sed (focusing on the s command) and awk:

http://dcc.ufmg.br/~lcerf/slides/mda3.pdf
http://dcc.ufmg.br/~lcerf/slides/mda4.pdf
http://dcc.ufmg.br/~lcerf/slides/mda5.pdf
http://dcc.ufmg.br/~lcerf/slides/mda6.pdf
http://dcc.ufmg.br/~lcerf/slides/mda7.pdf

Their LateX Beamer sources:

http://dcc.ufmg.br/~lcerf/slides/mda3.tar.bz2
http://dcc.ufmg.br/~lcerf/slides/mda4.tar.bz2
http://dcc.ufmg.br/~lcerf/slides/mda5.tar.bz2
http://dcc.ufmg.br/~lcerf/slides/mda6.tar.bz2
http://dcc.ufmg.br/~lcerf/slides/mda7.tar.bz2

http://dcc.ufmg.br/~lcerf/data.tar.xz contains the data and the solutions to the exercises in the slides. The context is that of pre-processing data for future analysis (the rest of the course) and not system administration. Anyway, the commands are the same.

Do you have material I could use to improve my course?