I believe the main underlying reason of frictions is that trisquel-users is rather a community support and advocacy sub-forum. Technical debates in such a forum comes across as out of context, or inappropriate. The solution is already proposed by mason (and I agree 100%) in this message:

https://trisquel.info/en/forum/there-perfect-method-guard-our-communication?page=2#comment-128205

[mason]

I think this is partially related to having many discussions that while relevant to many Trisquel users do not belong in a forum/mailing list for tech support. I think that these discussion are very worthwhile, but need to heppen in a separate forum on the same site. The closest we have is the troll lounge, but that has negative connotations and also contains a lot of threads that are jokes.

[/mason]