> What about having a web-based app store, like Mint does, or the
> Firefox addons site?

I spent several weeks migrating gnome-app-install from python2->python2,
gtk2->gtk3, and gksu->pkexec, and fixing a bunch of long-standing bugs,
so we're using it.  :)

Since it's no longer maintained upstream, we're changing the name of our
fork to trisquel-app-install.

> A web-based app store could also provide anonymous stats on how many
> times different apps get installed,

We don't need a web-based app store to do that. We'd just need to setup
a popcon server like Ubuntu and Debian have.  popcon is actually better,
because it measures not just how many times an app is installed, but
also how often it is actually used.

However, we have very few users compared to Ubuntu and Debian, and I
think many Trisquel users will be inclined to opt out of any data
collection, even if it's anonymized.  For the amount of trouble it would
be to set up, I think we are better off just using Ubuntu's popcon data
and making substitutions (Firefox->Abrowser, Thunderbird->Icedove) where
appropriate.

> prominent links for how users can contribute to app dev (with time,
> money, or otherwise), and so on.

That's not a bad idea.  First we'd need to write some clear and
accessible documentation on how to contribute, which I don't have the
energy to do right now but might think about after Etiona is ready.