Hi there,

I used few months ago both, though not on Trisquel but on another Debian derivative free distro (PureOS).

For Jitsi, I was using the Jitsi Meet service with the Framasoft instance (https://framatalk.org). It was okay most of the time, though I had problems like no video sometimes. I would say, it doesn’t only depend on your connection; I guess the issues are also hardware-related.

For Jami, it was the worst with the desktop client. I’ve never managed to make it work properly. Using the Android client was okay, almost the same quality as Signal.

Your bandwidth is more than sufficient. It’s just that the software are still in active development (especially Jami) and thus bug-prone. Reporting bugs on their respective code trackers could be of great help.
Hopefully, they’ll get better and better.