I agree that the current instability of the existing libre messaging apps is not helping when it comes to broad adoption. For the average user, work in progress is only work in progress and I can only note with regret that Jami is now sleeping unused on my laptop. It does not mean that I won't be giving it a try by and then.

Since the Telegram client is libre and available for GNU/Linux, I am using it for the time being. Of course, nothing being perfect, video calls are not possible (for the time being) on Telegram. What's more, I cannot use end-to-end encryption so I have to trust the Telegram people: the "Secret chat" option with E2E enctyption is only available on the mobile clients, unfortunately.

Signal and Wire having their inherent limitations too, I still hope Jami will soon get to a smooth cross-platform user experience.