It still does not convince me. Maybe you guys are convinced that we should not sell our private information for some concrete reasons but for example, it obviously seems that it is better to sell it than to be stolen. I understand it is always a matter of balance (e.g. the government should/must have our minimum personal information and must maintain it securely) and the most important thing is the final result anyway, but I do not understand why selling it is not a good practice for the masses. Would EC prohibit from selling our private information instead of to be stolen by law?