Hi Guys,

I don't think I've said anything on this list for years. In part because I
paid little attention to TROM. But I still listened with half an ear.

Recently I decided to give TROM another try myself. In part because people
frequently send me questions that I don't have good answers to. In part
because several of my session clients do TROM in their own time. But of
course also because it is a good thing. I'm currently doing level 4.

Some of you guys have clearly spent more time than I have in studying all
TROM materials in great detail, and will probably be much better than I at
explaining what exactly Dennis said.

However, I right away run into issues with what Dennis said, and what some
people are doing, versus what I think is the right thing to do.

For example, I realized, somewhat to my horror, that some people will spend
hours and hours every day doing RI. And what they actually do and call "RI"
is something I consider a very bad idea. However, the problem is that they
do it with exactly the commands Dennis gave, and Dennis said very
emphatically that one can do any amount of it, and it is the solution to
just about anything one runs into on TROM. Which I think is grossly
misleading. And based on his instructions, people might do all sorts of
different things and call it RI, and think they're doing a good thing.

I should warn you first that I have little inclination to blindly follow the
literal advice of some Authority who's supposed to be smarter than me. I ran
that out many years ago. So, just word clearing what exactly Dennis said
doesn't quite do it for me. Sure, it is very good to understand, and he has
some brilliant insights that should be thoroughly understood. And maybe some
blind spots that also should be understood.

So, if your goal is to do TROM exactly and correctly as written in the
materials, you should maybe not listen to me.

Hubbard found, quite correctly, that creative processes are limited
processes. If you keep just creating pictures of stuff, sooner or later
you'll start making some stuff more solid, namely the reasons "why not", the
case on the subject. Or, if we look at it a TROM way, if you keep mindlessly
creating pictures, you're likely to start creating the opposites, and you'll
start dramatizing the overwhelms and the goals and games that would be dealt
with on Level 4 and 5.

Yes, creating is ultimately what life is about, and there's no limit to
that. But that's the overall target. If what you're creating is pictures,
most of which are supplied by some kind of file clerk mechanism, there are
plenty of limits to that.

What is not limited is your actual life in present time. That's what you
need to get back to, and that, I claim, is the point of RI. Being back in
present time, doing and thinking and feeling what you want to, what is
important to you. So, after having been thrown off track by strange feelings
and pictures from the past, and having resolved them, one fills the empty
space with what one wants one's life to be. One remembers, or enhances, what
one is doing. You don't do that by making random pictures for 3 hours. On
the contrary. You more likely do it by getting in touch with your present
environment, imagining some nice energy around you, and getting back to an
exciting project one is working on. Back out of the mind, back into one's
life. That shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

A repetitive rote command is an awkward thing to use there. "Commands" are
imports from Scientology, and aren't very suited to running solo. What you
do solo is cycles of action. What's important is the cycle you're carrying
out, not how it is worded. Giving oneself commands opens up all sorts of
stuff that isn't all good.

I do have things to say about time-breaking too, but I think I've thrown
enough wrenches into the machinery for one day.

- Flemming