Hi Leo
I put the email up on the list so everyone can benefit from the discussion.

In the supplemental lectures Dennis makes the point repeatedly that the basic
goals package is the to be known package. All the other junior goals are means
of effecting the postulate to be known.

To be known is the first postulate a being does in order to come out of non
existence in a new area. To be known is the creative impulse and until it is
done there is nothing to know.

So it is important to make it clear to the student of TROM that the goals
package is first to be known then to not be known, to know and finally to not
know.

Dennis' mislabeling of the goals package by calling it the to know goals
package made my learning curve longer.

So I made the changes in the books to always refer to the basic package as the
to be known goals package.

I suspect that you are right in that Dennis and Greg were so familiar with the
subject that they automatically knew that to know was referring to the to be
known goals package but a student will not be able to make this transposition.
I could not and it made it hard for me to figure out what TROM was about. Since
there have many complaints over the years about TROM being difficult to learn I
suspect others have had this problem also.

So I have made the changes and put these second edition TROM books up at
www.tromhelp.com/books. I hope everyone will download a copy, read them and let
me know if this helps.

Keep on TROMing
Pete