[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Apologetics is a vast study that Mormons must avoid in order to continue to be Mormons.  I repeat you'll have to study it for yourself.  There is nothing I can do for a closed mind.
DAVEH:  Is that really your answer, Glenn?  Or is that your "bait and switch"?
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Of course, God has revealed others things not in the Bible.  But these things are not on a par with the Bible.

DAVEH:  How/why do you make that judgment, Glenn?  Is that just a guess, or do you know something about what God reveals that would suggest all of his relevant revelations were included in the Bible and the others aren't "on a par"?  That seems mighty presumptive to me!  Or do you presume to know the mind of God?

DavidM - Explained this very well.
GLENN - I agree with David.
DAVEH:  That may be.....I do not remember.  But it doesn't matter BECAUSE I am asking YOU what you believe.  It is clear from other posts that you and DavidM do not necessarily agree on everything!  As far as I know, DavidM did not claim to know the mind of God.  I'm wondering why you think you do?
You refuse to get books on "How we Got Our Bible" and study for yourself.
DAVEH:  Now you are suggesting that you know the mind of DaveH!  Contrary to your assertion of my "refusal to get books" did purchase "HOW WE GOT THE BIBLE".
There are mountains of material on this that I don't have time to go into.
DAVEH:  You seem to have plenty of time to disparage some of my beliefs!  I'm not asking you to do a thesis, Glenn.  I'm simply asking what you believe and why you believe that way. Try explaining your belief with simple sentences and short paragraphs.
Glenn - It doesn't take any time to curse the darkness.   It takes a lot more time to spread the light.

They are not additional Bible.  And furthermore, I reject Joe Smith revealing of anything from God.

DAVEH:  I'm not trying to promote JS here or to you.  I'm trying to figure out what you believe and why.  Forget JS for a moment.  DavidM claims to be a prophet.  Do you think the Lord could reveal something important through him as he did through Bible prophets?

And you know the historically reasons I believe this.  You refuse to believe historical fact.
Glenn - DavidM has given a lot of facts and it is always denied or ignored.
DAVEH:  I respectfully disagree with you on that.  Besides, as I said above......I'm interested in what YOU believe too.
DAVEH:  What " historical fact" do you think I'm disbelieving, Glenn?

DAVEH:  Speaking of 'ignoring'.....I'd still be interested in hearing you respond to my above question, Glenn.

Perhaps you are confusing "historical fact" with "historical rumors"....
No, I recant that.  You cannot believe historical facts because Satan has blinded you.
DAVEH:  If you are saying that to hurt my feelings, I'm sorry you feel the need to do that, Glenn.
Glenn - No, I am not trying to hurt your feelings.  2 Cor. 4:1-5.  You preach Christ plus Joe Smith.

Rather, scriptural inerrancy relates to the human writer's expressed meaning in each book, and to the Bible's whole body of revealed truth and wisdom.

DAVEH:  Whew......I thought he'd never admit such!  That is exactly what I believe.  The difference is that I believe God has revealed a lot of wisdom and truth that is not included within the pages of the Bible.  Apparently you (Glenn and others) believe all "revealed truth and wisdom" is found in the Bible as we know it today......is that correct???
DAVEH:  Speaking of 'ignoring'.....I'd still be interested in hearing you respond to my above question, Glenn.
--
Dave Hansen