Dear Glen,

Have I offended thee because I tell you the truth?

"can't get along" "stay by yourself"  "the one in error"  "a red flag" "lone-ranger"  "them" "psychological emotional problems"

Thank you Glen for showering blessings upon me.

    {Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you],
     and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.} (MAT 5:11)

Thousands have been murdered "in the name of Jesus."  I am reluctant to be called a "Christian" because Christianity is divided and a house so divided cannot stand.  Most professing Christians pick and choose what they will and will not obey, and in vain use the name of Jesus to justify their actions.   But, praise be to God, it is He who is writing the Book of Life, as well as the other books.

{He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.} (Rev. 3:5-6)

William Tyndale and many other martyrs (Gk: witnesses) had to go it alone.  Without him, we would not have the scriptures we now have, yet Christians burned him at the stake while choking him to death.  You might want to check out the book called Fox's Book of Martyrs.

In World War I and in World War II, Christians fought Christians.  In World War III it will not be any different.  And I am detecting that spirit in this forum too.

With very careful clarification, I have allowed the term, just as Peter did.  "Yet if [any man suffer] as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf."  (1PE 4:16)   I have used the description: "Hebrew Christian" at times for clarification.  But then I can be lumped in with the murderers who think they are doing God a service when they kill God's little lambs.  There is always a danger when accepting such a label.

It was illegal in the time of Paul to start a new religion.  To do so meant death.  This is the basis for Paul's appeal to Ceaser in Rome.  The reason for teh writing of the Book of Acts was very likely to provide an Amicus Curiae legal brief in Paul's defense.  It showed that it was outsiders who first dubbed the followers of Jesus as Christians, but the reality is that the followers of Jesus are a part of the continuum from the beginning.  They were forced out of the synagogues because those in power rejected Jesus.  They retreated into house churches.  They became persecuted.

By the way, you have been mis-spelling my name.

Love,

Marlin