-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of David Miller
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 11:01 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Message-bearers

Izzy wrote:
> Wow; what do you mean by that???

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life.  Jesus Christ is the
Logos.  All wisdom and knowledge is in Jesus Christ.  If any man learns
something and knows something, he can only know it through Jesus Christ.

If we say that a particular religion has some truth, we are in effect
admitting that they have some Jesus Christ.  Therefore, Jesus Christ is
in
that religion.

John said that Jesus is that true light which lighteth EVERY MAN that
cometh
into the world.  God doesn't look at man and say, "oh, he is born of
Jewish
parents, I will not speak to him."  Neither does God say, "oh, he is
born of
Muslim parents, I will not speak to him."  All truth that men receive,
regardless of what religion they are of, that truth is Jesus Christ.

The primary difference between say the Christian and the Muslim is that
the
Christian recognizes that this truth is Jesus Christ, and so he
glorifies
Jesus Christ.  The Muslim does not recognize that the truth that he
touches
is Jesus Christ.  Nevertheless, it is Jesus Christ whether they
acknowledge
him or not.

Truth is not restricted to Christianity.  Christianity does not have
exclusive rights to truth.

Notice how the following passage indicates that even the wicked have
been
shown the truth, but they hold the truth in unrighteousness.  In other
words, Jesus Christ is revealed to men in all religions, but what do
they do
with that which is revealed to them?

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and
unrighteousness of men, WHO HOLD THE TRUTH IN UNRIGHTEOUSNESS; Because
that
which may be known of God IS MANIFEST IN THEM; FOR GOD HATH SHOWED IT
UNTO
THEM. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are
clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his
eternal
power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when
THEY
KNEW GOD, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but
became
vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Professing
themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the
incorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to
birds,
and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them
up
to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their
own
bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and
worshiped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed
forever. Amen.   (Rom 1:18-25)

And the following passage speaks along the same lines, showing that we
commend ourselves to their conscience because deep down they know that
we
speak that which they have already heard from God.  We manifest a truth
of
which they already have knowledge.

Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we
faint
not; But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in
craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by
manifestation
of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight
of
God.  (2Co 4:1-2)

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida  USA