Blainer)  Actually Mormons do meet on Saturday in countries such as
Israel, and on Friday in some Muslim countries.  Otherwise, we keep our
"Sabbath" on Sunday, which we actually call the "Lord's Day," not the
"Sabbath."    We think it is important to remember the Lord once every
seven days, but the day of the week itself is not so sacred to us it is
to most Protestants and other various and sundry gentile Christians.  We
do believe Jesus was resurrected on a Sunday, hence the "Lord's Day."  We
hold it in reverence, and preference, but apparently the true Sabbath was
clearly a Saturday, and I suppose anyone keeping that day as a sacred day
is fully justified.  As you can see, we are a little on the liberal side
when it comes to which day we should worship.  It might be noted however,
that when JS and Oliver Cowdery witnessed the appearance of the prophet
Elijah in the Kirtland Temple, it was on a Sunday, and was the second day
of the Jewish Passover celebration.  Jews, as you may know, have
traditionally believed when Elijah appears to signal the impending coming
of the Messiah, that it would happen on or near the Passover.  It did
exactly that.  Trouble is, the Jews did not know about it.  They still
place  an extra Ceder cup on the table when they eat their Passover meal,
hoping that Elijah will show up and dine with them.