To Dave M.,

Rom 7:4 "Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the
body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is
raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God."

We are baptized into the likeness of His death. (ROM 6:3)  This ends the
penalty for our sins which is death.

Rom 7:6 "But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we
were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness
of the letter."

Being delivered from the law of sin and death means that we do not have to
die for our sins.  The innocent Lamb of God suffices.  We walk in the
newness of His Spirit, the Spirit of our savior who was not a law breaker.

--Marlin