Laura,

I would err on the side of keeping all non-edifying influences out of the lives of children, just as we should do as adults.  Once an influence is allowed in, you can’t take it back out. Unfortunately, our 11 and 13 year olds are living with their mother and stepfather, and are allowed to watch and read things that we do not approve of in movies, books, games, etc. So we have to discuss what we as Christians should think about such things. With Harry Potter we talk about how the books make witches look cute and powerful, but what that really means in the Bible, etc. It is an opportunity to grow in spite of the bad influences.

Izzy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:
Tuesday, May 27, 2003 10:16 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [TruthTalk] The walking dead]

I think we have to stay away from these "occult" type tools.  I personally know a lady who had a serious breakdown from a ouiju board episode.  She really went off the deep end and by the grace of God her family put her in a recovery center where she was given good Christian counseling.  She has been fine since then but she was the type to be influenced easily and got sucked in.  I'd be interested in what some of you think about Disney, Harry Potter, and some of the things we see today.  Is it fantasy to kids or does it affect them.  Can some children differentiate between the real world and the fantasy world?  Having grandchildren here a lot I have found that I let them watch "most" of the disney stuff but have a problem with Harry Potter.  Just interested in what some of you think.  Laura

Is it possible that the ghosts, Ouiju Board contacts, etc., are nothing more
than familiar spirits, i.e., demonic contacts to emulate a real dead person?
We're not to contact the dead but Scripture says THE DEAD KNOW NOTHING. If
they know nothing, then how do they know all these secret things? The
demonic principalities know, do they not?

slade