"Bruce Woodford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Galatians 3:28 does NOT teach that, upon conversion, Jews cease to
 be Jews, Greeks cease to be Greeks,  bondmen cease to be bondmen,
free men cease to be free men, nor that males cease to be males or
that females cease to be females!

Judy:
So far as God is concerned "putting on Christ" means there
is no difference, this is what Gal 3:28 says.

Bruce:
New covenant scriptures clearly teach that regenerate Jews have
 responsibilities that are different from those of regenerate Greeks,
 that regenerate bondmen have different responsibilities from those
of regenerate free men and that regenerate males have different
responsibilities than regenerate females.  (There are distinct
commands given to each of these groups which are not required
of the others.)

Judy:
I've been a student of scripture for a long time Bruce and have
never seen these different responsibilities. What is required
of anyone who comes to Christ other than to be conformed
to His image?

Bruce:
The point of the passage in Gal.3 is that none of these are any
 longer "under the schoolmaster" (the law), but that by faith in
Christ they are all "children of God" and they are all "one in Christ".
Therefore in Christ, there is no longer any barrier that hinders
communion, communication or mutual ministry between these
groups because they are all members in the same body.

Judy:
The law hasn't gone anywhere and yes we are free from it so
long as we walk after the Spirit. But break God's law and you
will see that it's curse still works. I'm curious about these
'different responsibilities' Bruce.  What are they?  We need
to be careful not to put burdens upon people that the Lord
is not requiring.

Grace and Peace,
Judy