DAVEH:  Not true again.  Previously I made reference to Is 29: 11-18, which IMO makes reference to JS.

jt: How does Isa 29 refer to Joseph Smith?  I'd say Galatians 1:8 more accurately describes Joseph Smith.
Judy

Joseph & the Book of Mormon has a FAMILIAR SPIRIT:
Isaiah 29:4 "And thou shalt be brought down, and shalt speak out of the ground, and thy speech shall be low out of the dust, and thy voice shall be, as of one that hath a familiar spirit, out of the ground, and thy speech shall whisper out of the dust."

LDS say this scripture refers to the GOLD plates: "Now, obviously, the only way a dead people could speak 'out of the ground' or 'low out of the dust' would be by the written word, and this the people did through the Book of Mormon. Truly it has a familiar spirit, for it contains the words of the prophets of the God of Israel." LeGrand Richards, A Marvelous Work and A Wonder,  p. 69. He was ordainedas one of the LDS "twelve apostles"

"ISAIAH PROPHESIES OF BOOK OF MORMON. One of the most important predictions regarding the Book of Mormon is that found in the 29th chapter of Isaiah. The prophet here speaks of a people who should be like Ariel, the city where David dwelt. They should have heaviness and sorrow and should be brought down to speak out of the ground, and their speech was to be low out of the dust, and their voice was to be as of one that had a familiar spirit." Joseph Fielding Smith Jr., Doctrines of Salvation, V.3, p.213

"Familiar spirit" is translated from the Hebrew word, "ob", which means a necromancer  (the pretended power to foretell the future by communicating with the dead; magic). The _expression_ "familiar spirit" occurs in Isa. 8:19-20 where the practice is condemned: "And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Under the law of Moses death was the punishment for turning after familiar spirits. (Lev. 20:6).

Is 29, is in reference to the people being laid low beaten to the ground by their enemies.
See, Is 51:23 But I will put it into the hand of them that afflict thee; which have said to thy soul, Bow down, that we may go over: and thou hast laid thy body as the ground, and as the street, to them that went over.

IF the BOM has a FAMILIAR SPIRIT, stay far away from it!

Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Terry: When the Holy Bible was written, there were at least three warnings in it not to add or take anything from that Book.

DAVEH:  That is not true at all.  The first instance was in Dt 4:2.  Logically, your comment does not make any sense, as any books added after Deuteronomy would have violated what God said in Dt 4:2.  If you think it through, Terry, it will make more sense if you consider the writers of those books were told that nothing should be added or removed from those books alone, not for the Bible as a whole.

jt: Who said anything about 'books' or the 'Bible as a whole'  God warns not to add or take away from His Word not only in Deuteronomy but also in Proverbs and in Revelation.

Terry: Since both Mohammed and Joseph Smith came along well after this Book was complete, and no reference was ever made to them in the Book,

DAVEH:  Not true again.  Previously I made reference to Is 29: 11-18, which IMO makes reference to JS.

jt: How does Isa 29 refer to Joseph Smith?  I'd say Galatians 1:8 more accurately describes Joseph Smith.

Judy

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now