As a moderator of the list, I need to step in here and provide some guidance.  I don’t want misunderstandings to cause hard feelings toward one another.  Please bear with me as I try and share an outsider’s perspective here.  I’m not trying to take sides, just make some observations and ask both sides to forbear with one another and have patience.

Kevin wrote:

I see that you are the one, who took the LIBERTY to MISQUOTE me!

It is actually you who is guilty of MISQUOTING. I am deeply offended that you would misqoute me & at the same time accuse me of that which you are guilty of!

You have put " " around my words.

It was not there; you did it. The PROOF is just a few lines down in this post.

How dare you attack my integrity and then publicy do what you accuse me of. I think that is despicable.

I cut & pasted your edited quote:

"WE MUST BECOME PERFECT NOW"

Here is the ORIGINAL POST!

WE MUST ELIMINATE SINS IN OUR MORTAL STATE

"One definite purpose...assuming the mortal state...We were to control our urges and desires, master and control our passions, and overcome our weaknesses, small and large. We were to eliminate sins of omission and of comission" M.of F. Kimball p 5

As anyone can see I "quoted" Mr Kimball & outside of those quotes were MY COMMENTS IN CAPS & BOLD! I would hope this combination of my words bold & CAPS (for those seeing just TEXT) would pose a double check on MY WORDS vs Kimball's "words"

You say I misquoted MR Kimball show cause or RETRACT!

Hi Kevin.

It seems to me that you left off the starting quote mark for your first quote.  Following is the original post you sent on 12-9-2003.