From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Kevin Deegan writes: The scripture says we shall be LIKE him. It does not say we shall be equal to him! That is what Mormonism teaches. There was another fellow that taught this too. His name is SATAN. Gen 3:5 "ye shall be AS gods"

Blainer:  Satan does tell the truth occasionally.

Judy: I don't think so Blaine, Jesus said there is no truth in him, he has been a liar from the beginning.

Blaine: In fact his best weapon is when he pairs the truth with one of his lies, thus lending credibility to the lie.  He was actually doing exactly that in this instance.  The truth was, Adam and Eve would become as Gods, knowing good
from evil, but it was a lie when he said they would not surely die.

Judy: The whole thing was a lie, they became as demon gods and lost the image of the Godhead in which they were created - and as you noted they died spiritually and went from life to death.

Blaine: Haven't you ever seen politicians use this same device?  They do it all the time.  Political endorsements operate on the same principle--A well accepted popular politician allows his picture to be taken with a lesser known newbie, and people associate the old guy with the new one.  Thus the new guy rides into office on the coattails of the older officeholder,
despite the fact his experience is limited and his qualifications little known.

Judy: I don't pay much mind to politicians, but I'm not surprised.