Is that sooo.....

No Authoratative Mormon Like an Apostle or General Authority?
Are you sure?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BlaineRB:  I THINK we agree here, but MAYBE NOT   No authoritative Mormon
ever taught THAT we intend to be equal with God, or the trinity, or
whatever you choose to call it.

Judy: I don't use the world trinity but some do.  That's interesting Blaine.
Then you don't believe that God was once a man and that men are on their
way to becoming gods?

We believe that Jesus Christ as the SON is subordinate to the FATHER, and
that we are and always will be subordinate to Both.  Things earthly are
like things heavenly--sons are subordinate to their fathers on earth, and
we are the sons of God, so to speak, as we look to Him and his perfect
model Son as our ideal models.

Judy: Jesus did say that the Father is greater than He but then the
scriptures also teach that all judgment has been given over to the Son so
at the end He is the one who must accept or reject us as one of His.

We believe we will be Gods in the sense that we will have access to all
power that is God's, to continue in eternity--as the parable of the prodigal
son suggests, the faithful son was given access to all that his father possessed.
ACCESS is the key word, here--no LDS authority ever taught that we would
USURP God, as Satan wanted to do.

Judy: The Prodigal's brother could not receive the inheritance even though
it was available to him because he was entertaining jealousy and envy and
was also in sin. God is holy and this is the requirement for anyone with hopes
of spending eternity with Him.  By His grace we must renewed our minds and
purify our hearts... as Paul wrote to Timothy "The goal of the instruction is
love from a pure heart...."

Again, you are setting up little straw men to
knock over.  This is the lie MANY antiMormons perpetrate.  Talk about
lies!!

Judy: Hold on Blaine, I didn't set up any straw men; I read this thing about
being gods in the writings of Joseph Smith and I don't consider myself anti
anything.  I am just pro Jesus of Nazareth .... the living Christ.

Judy
Judy