Kevin Deegan wrote:

That is not what we are talking about LDS god FORCED Adam to sin!
DAVEH:  I hesitate to jump into your discussion with DavidM, Keving.......but I strongly disagree with your above comment.  God did NOT force Adam to sin.  Adam freely partook of the forbidden fruit.
 There was no other option No way out!Please produce 1 Calvanist that believes that!

David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kevin wrote:
>>> God wanted Adam to sin? God planned a willful breaking
>>> of a law? God placed Adam in a situation that forced
>>> him to sin? God wanted Adam to PARTAKE of what God
>>> had FORBIDDEN? So sin is just a formality?

DAVEH:
>> Do Protestants ever really ponder such, Kevin?
>> Have you (seriously) thought about it? I find
>> it very logical.

Kevin:
> The God of the Bible HATES sin
> The god of the BOM invites SIN so that you can
> CHOOSE salvation God does not tempt men to sin.
> God never forced men to sin.
> Satan is the tempter, therefore the god who tempted
> Adam to sin in the BOM was SATAN not the God of the
> Bible. The Nature of your God & my God are diametrically
> opposed! Choose sin1 or sin2 that is perverted.

Kevin, surely you know that Protestants are sharply divided on this
question. Calvinists argue strongly that God planned the fall, and not
only that, but also every sinner who lives today is predestined by God
to sin. Pelagians emphasize free will of man, and Arminians take a more
moderate position. To thrust all this on Mormonism without
acknowledging the Protestant debate over this question is extremely
hypocritical.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.

--