David Miller wrote:

> DAVEH wrote:
> > So far, I don't see a problem.......but who
> > knows, I may be wrong.
>
> The problem is that it seems to me that you said Adam & Eve had to
> transgress in order to come to know right from wrong.  Then once they
> knew right from wrong, then they were able to sin.

DAVEH:  That is correct.  The difference between A&E and God is that A&E were not
'God' from the beginning.  God knew the difference between right and wrong without
partaking the fruit, whereas A&E did not.

> >From my perspective, God cannot sin, neither can he tempt man (James
> 1:13).  Therefore, while God knows right from wrong, he has never
> transgressed and he is incapable of ever doing so.  God also is
> incapable of tempting anyone else to transgress.

DAVEH:  I would ask you who put the tree of good and evil in the garden, and why did
they put it there?  Yes, Satan was the tempter (not God) of A&E, but there must have
been a good reason why God put the tree there knowing what the end result would be.
It wasn't like God didn't know whether or not Adam would partake of the fruit.

> Therefore, there seems to be a problem with your perspective that Adam
> and Eve did not sin when they partook of the fruit.  There seems to be a
> problem with your understanding that the knowledge of good and evil must
> come through transgression.

DAVEH:  I hope to eventually get around to discussing that.  Keep reminding me.

--
Dave Hansen