DavidH,

I am aftraid I can't buy your presentation of 2 Sam 12:7-8 as a prooftext that God commanded polygamy. It does not say "to have as your wives", it says "into thy bosom". The most common usage for this wording is in taking someone in closely, into the heart. It is a loving gesture, one of comfort and protection, not sexually oriented. In fact, if it means what you have implied, I am not sure "Abraham's bosom", as described in Luke 16:22, is a place I would weant to be!

Perry

From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Dean & Ruben
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 00:40:33 -0800

Charles Perry Locke wrote:

> >BLAINE: Now Abraham was an adulterer? I am shocked! I am outraged!! Do
> >all TT'rs agree with this?
>
> I agree that Abraham was an adulterer, ....... and David was both an adulterer ........

DAVEH: Have you considered that the Lord may have contributed to this, Perry?......

"And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, ....." 2Sam 12:7-8

--
Dave Hansen

Let the new MSN Premium Internet Software make the most of your high-speed experience. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/prem&ST=1

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought
to answer every man."  (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org