From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Charles Perry Locke wrote:
DavidH,
I am aftraid I can't buy your presentation of 2 Sam 12:7-8 as
a prooftext that God commanded polygamy.

DAVEH:  Of course you can't buy it, Perry.......It would make
your beliefs pretty suspect.  So when the Bible say's something
that is a bit difficult to swallow, you have to rationalize it to a
point where it no longer means what it implies.  Read it again
and ask yourself how many wives David had and where/how
did he get them along with the kingdom.....

Judy:
How did David get to be the standard for marriage?  Yes he
took more than one wife but this was not God's will or choice
Deuteronomy 17:14-20 tells us what God's will in the matter
is, but Israel did not always do God's will - neither did David.

Grace and Peace,
Judy