----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Dave [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Furthermore......LDS theology teaches they could not have
had children prior to the fall anyway.)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Why do they teach this?  Laura

DAVEH:  It is revealed in the BofM.......
"And now, behold, if Adam had not transgressed he would
not have fallen, but he would have remained in the garden of
Eden.  And all things which were created must have remained
in the same state in which they were after they were created;
and they must have remained forever, and had no end.
And they would have had no children; wherefore they would
have remained in a state of innocence, having no joy, for they
knew no misery; doing no good, for they knew no sin. But behold,
all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth
all things. Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that
they might have joy."   2Ne 2:22-25

Judy:
The above makes not one bit of sense DaveH. How incredulous
to try to get people to believe that the creator of all joy is joyless
and that he made A&E this way; that one has to wallow in the
mire to have fun, and that men can't be men unless they are in
satan's image ... because this is the outcome of the fall, the
two trees in the garden represent opposing types of wisdom.

DaveH:
.......Does that answer your question, Laura?  Now let me ask
you a couple.......IF Adam had not transgressed, he would have
been immortal.  I assume you agree with that?  Then, do you
believe immortal men and women can have children?  Now let
me take it a step further......suppose Eve had partaken of the
FF and had fallen, but Adam had not transgressed and remained
immortal.   Do you think Adam (being in a higher state of
immortality) could have had children with Eve (in a lower state
of mortality)?

Judy:
Why strain the brain trying to figure all this out in our fallen
state DaveH?  Are we God?  I don't know about Laura maybe
she knows more than me but I don't see any point in trying to
speculate on what might have been.  ATST I know that to be
holy is a whole lot better for both men and women than the
alternate.  Sin leads to sickness, sorrow, sadness and death -
all good gifts come from above from the Father of Lights in
whom there is no degree of shadow or turning... that's reality.

Judy