Judy wrote:
> Are you saying that there is another way that He
> could have done it without the sacrifice of Christ
> and without us laying down our lives as a living
> sacrifice?  What exactly am I not getting?

No, I'm saying that the sacrifice of Christ does not require that we be
physically dead in order to receive it.  If Jesus comes today in the
next few minutes, I would be transformed without ever experiencing
death.  God does not need me to be physically dead in order to redeem
me.  This in my mind is proof that the idea is wrong that I must be
physically dead in order to be redeemed.

The prospect of physical death is extremely important in our own
psychology of how we deal with sin and trusting in God.  This is the
reason that I believe God barred the way to the tree of life after sin
entered the world.  Prior to sin, Adam and Eve were allowed to eat of
the tree of life and I have no reason to believe that they did not eat
of it regularly.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.