From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Judy wrote:
> Are you saying that there is another way that He
> could have done it without the sacrifice of Christ
> and without us laying down our lives as a living
> sacrifice?  What exactly am I not getting?

DavidM:
No, I'm saying that the sacrifice of Christ does not
require that we be physically dead in order to receive it.
If Jesus comes today in the next few minutes, I would
be transformed without ever experiencing death.  God
does not need me to be physically dead in order to redeem
me.  This in my mind is proof that the idea is wrong that
I must be physically dead in order to be redeemed.

Judy:
Who said you would have to be physically dead to be
redeemed?  I know I didn't say that.  However, if Jesus
does come today noone will be transformed who has not
agreed with God about being dead in trespass and sin
and in desperate need of spiritual life by way of His Savior
Redeemer

DavidM:
The prospect of physical death is extremely important in
our own psychology of how we deal with sin and trusting
in God.  This is the reason that I believe God barred the
way to the tree of life after sin entered the world.  Prior
to sin, Adam and Eve were allowed to eat of the tree of life
and I have no reason to believe that they did not eat
of it regularly.

Judy:
And what exactly do you perceive the tree of life to be?

Grace and Peace,
Judy