Kevin Deegan wrote:
DAVEH:  And then he specifically adds Jesus Christ to his comment as a separate entity.  Why would he do that if he weren't pointing out their differences despite their singleness of purpose?
The scripture says ONE God in the chapter a number of times I must have missed where it said ONE in PURPOSE. What verse was that?
I will take any verse you can dig up.
DAVEH:   Yikes.......Perhaps you don't believe God has a purpose, Kevin!  Paul alludes to God's purpose in Eph 3:11......

According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

.......From this, Kevin, may I assume you acknowledge that God does indeed have a purpose....even an eternal purpose?

    And, IF you do believe God has a purpose as Paul suggested in vs 11, do you not think God and Jesus are single in that purpose, Kevin?  I thought that would be something most any Christian would agree with, including you.  Am I wrong?  Is the purpose of our Heavenly Father different than the purpose of his Only Begotten Son, Jesus???  If you don't agree with me on this, Kevin....that is OK.  I just want to make sure I correctly understand your belief about this.

    Now Kevin, let me approach this from a different angle.  What do you think is the purpose of God?

    Let me tell you what I think his purpose is (though you are not asking, I think it is important to know my belief about his purpose)......To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.  To me that seems like the ultimate purpose.  I suspect you disagree though, so I'm anxious to hear what you think is his purpose.  And....if you don't think Jesus has the same purpose, please tell me what you think is Jesus' purpose.  To me, they are one in the same....To bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.  IMHO....They have a oneness of purpose.  Do you still disagree, Kevin???
Holy Bible
Book of Mormon
Doctrine & Covenants
Egyptian Book of the Dead - I mean Book of Abraham

Lets try it now, real slow
Duet 6:4 "The Lord our God is ONE Lord"
ok careful now, go slow.....
The Lord our God is ONE in Purpose Lord
Nope does not work try again DaveH
Typical LDS ISOGESIS!
DAVEH:  I've been wrong many times before, Kevin.......So, I'll be anxious to hear your explanation of the purpose of God and how Jesus' purpose is different than that of his Father.

Please show me how these verses below, are one in purpose, and I will eat that beach ball

There is ONLY ONE God
Is 45:18 I am the LORD; and there is none else
IS 44:8 Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any. (therefore he could not have a father or grandfather god)
Duet 6:4 "The Lord our God is ONE Lord
Is 43:10 that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. (God has the positon filled NO VACANCY, you are not a god in embryo you are a sinner)
James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well ( you are not doing well DaveH or Blaine)
DAVEH:  LOL.....Now look at who is taking passages out of context, Kevin.  Are you suggesting that you are doing well by believing in ONE GOD, as do the devils!?!?!?!    I suppose the difference is whether or not one worships one God.  Apparently the devils do not worship that one true God.
1 Co 8:4 there is none other God but one
IS 44:6 I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
IS 46:9 I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me
IS 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me
DAVEH:  What you quote above pretty much confirms my explanation.  The Hebrews and Israelites had a problem remembering whom they were to worship.  The prophets had to keep reminding them not to stray to other gods, but rather stick with the one God who delivered (and is going to deliver) them.  Do you want me to point out all the Biblical passages that speak of  a plurality of Gods, or specific Gods like Jesus and the Holy Ghost that are distinctly different from God the Father?  If you cannot see the context of how these deities fit together in the Godhead with one purpose, then you must be blind to the message of the Bible, Kevin.  If you cannot see the big picture of  what the Bible teaches.....that as Jesus said, we are to worship and give glory to one God, our Heavenly Father.....Then I don't know what else to say to you except that I believe the T-Doctrine was a politically motivated man made doctrine that was purposely meant to obfuscate the true nature of God and the Godhead.   If you don't think that is so, I'm anxious to hear your explanation of what the T-Doctrine means.

BoM says there is ONLY ONE (Quantity not Quality) God
Alma 11:28-29 Now Zeezrom said: Is there MORE than one God? And he answered, No.

  DAVEH  From my LDS perspective, Kevin, I find it interesting that many Christians don't recognize and acknowledge the individual existence of more than one God.
That is because the Word of God says there is only one God
I find it interesting that ALL christians agree on this and you cultists and Satan believe in multiple gods see genesis (LOWER case g gods- idols - false gods)

DAVEH:  Not at all, Kevin.  We worship one God....our Heavenly Father.
The only god with whom we have to do, but we believe in millions of others!
That is polytheism dave it is the belief not worship of more than ONE God

--
Dave Hansen