"And God said, let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness . . ."

So according to LDS theology God should have made man after the gods
images.

Instead Gen 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God
created he him"

A plural image (OUR image - TRINITARIAN Formula; Father, Son, Holy Ghost)
cast into a singular image (image of God) IN man.
1 Thes 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God
your whole SPIRIT and SOUL and BODY be preserved blameless unto the coming
of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Man is made up of Spirit, Soul, Body 3 IN one
Thus the TRI UNITY of God, His image in us is expressed through this
formula. (Body Soul & Spirit)

The SHEMA that every jewish boy learns part of which is  Duet 6:4 and the
ONEness of God. "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD"
This is literally Jehovah our Elohim is ONE Jehovah
or
"Shema Israel, Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai echad"

The Hebrew word translated "God" is the word El or Elohim. Elohim is the
plural form of El. The plural form is used 2607 of the 2845 times the word
"God" is used in the Old Testament. Not only is word for God usually used
in the plural form, but several verses refer to God as "Us":
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness;
and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky
and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing
that creeps on the earth." (Genesis 1:26)
Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing
good and evil; and now, lest he stretch out his hand, and take also from
the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"-- (Genesis 3:22)
"Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not
understand one another's speech." (Genesis 11:7)
Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who
will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!" (Isaiah 6:8)
In Isaiah 6:8 God says I send, go for us. I and us, God is indisvisible he
is one.

The word used here for one is ECHAD, Hebrew/Chaldee Lexicon To The Old
Testament, (echad) means, "to unite, to join together, to be in unity."
in other words "Compound United oneness"
echad is a uniplural adjective describing several items in one unit or
group or compound UNITY. The word is used for one nation of 12 tribes,
mariage two become one flesh god took one (Echad) rib and the two become
one (echad) flesh gen 2:24; Numbers 13:23 one(echad) cluster of grapes
God could have used yachid the hebrew word for Absolute one or "the only
one," "alone." Genesis 22:2 "Take now your son, your only [yachid] son"
Jesus said "I and my Father are ONE" (John 10:25)
ECHAD is used in Deuteronomy 6:4: "Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the
Lord is One."
Some call it TRI - UNITY
TRINITY is a contraction of TRIuNITY
Hope this helps you understand the TRI UNITY of God.

Do you Yahoo!?