DAVEH:  Do you recognize/accept the Trinity Doctrine?  To me, the word doctrine means a set of principles, something concrete to use as a measuring device.  I am not sure that I can describe the trinity and do justice.  Your idea of one in purpose is clearly included, but I think Bill and Kevin made it more clear.  I believe in a triune God.  Whether for clarification we use "persons", or "personalities", or Gods, there are three.  They have not only the same purpose (A baseball team has the same purpose), they are absolutly alike in how they think.  No disagreement whatsoever on any point, at any time.  They have exactly the same attributes and emotions.  What one loves, they all love.  What one hates, they all hate.  You cannot play one against the other because they are always in total agreement.  They are unified like no three humans have ever been.
I wish I could explain it better
I do not know when the apostasy began.  I do not know any reformers. I don't even know what a tangential path looks like or where it leads.  I am fairly ignorant of these things you find important.  I am not even certain what it is you offered to explain.
Do you not believe that we are in the last days?
DAVEH:  Yes I do.  But as you mentioned previously, you believe the last days started 2 millennia ago......

First, the book of Hebrews explains that we have been in the last days for almost two thousand years, Heb 1:1-2.

........So, my point was that the falling away could have taken place shortly after Jesus' death and still be considered in the last days as opposed to thinking the falling away has not yet happened.
   Have you looked at Paul's comments to Timothy in 2nd. Tim.3:1-5? Have you seen these things come about in your life time? I have.
DAVEH:  But....I assume you do not think the falling away (apostasy) has exclusively happened in these latter-days?
No, I think it has been a long gradual slide, but starting about the time of ww2, the slide got steeper and we picked up speed Now we are like a runaway freight train headed down hill with the throttle to the wall.  The slide is about over and the wreck will be terrible, and none of us can stop it.  God has a plan, and His plans always work the way He wants them to.
Terry
--
Dave Hansen