Wm. Taylor wrote:
Hi Terry, I am not suggesting that anything other than Scripture is revelatory, neither are there other sources of truth comparable to the Bible. I am saying that true statements can come from sources other than the Bible.  "Truth is a Person" is a great little quote. The first time your hear it, it is pretty cool, because we are conditioned to think of truth in other categories. BUT the word "person" is not found in the Text, nor is there a Greek equivalent. So what do we do? Do we say it is an unbiblical idea?  That's all that I'm asking. More than that, I am trying to get us to lighten up a bit on our criticisms about early Christianity and the language which came from their era.

Bill Taylor
Thanks for clearing that up Bill.  This time I understood.  I'm glad I asked instead of guessing at the answer.
Terry