DAVEH:  Does not the Bible suggest what God looks like when we are told Jesus is in his express image?  (He 1:3)   It seems logical to me that the Son would look similar to his Father.

For eons without end (for eternity past) Jesus did look like he Father.

JN 1 IIn the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

During ALL this time he had no body but was fully God! He had NO cause for his beginning, He was there with God. God created the universe from nothing and with this he created the beginning of time.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

God became FLESH, flesh did not become God.

God MANIFEST in the flesh

1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
DAVEH:  I hope you don't mind my intrusion, John.  First.....welcome to TT and this thread.........

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The problem with "person"  (and I have used this many more times than once) gives us the impression that know what God looks like.
DAVEH:  Does not the Bible suggest what God looks like when we are told Jesus is in his express image?  (He 1:3)   It seems logical to me that the Son would look similar to his Father.
  We are persons.   He is a person.   They (all three) are persons   ---   and walla   -- he is male with arms, legs, hindquarters.    The manifestation becomes the reality and the observation by John that "no man hath seen God at any time"  gets lost in the shuffle.
DAVEH:  Do you leave any room for considering that some men of  God may have seen him, though not necessarily with their natural eyes.  Did not Stephen see God when filled with the Holy Ghost?  (Acts 7:55)

    There are certainly passages that infer that such a belief (men that see God will die) is in error.  Judges 13:22 is a good example......

And Manoah said unto his wife, We shall surely die, because we have seen God.

........Isaiah is another who spoke of seeing the King in 6:5.  To me though, the most compelling passage is Gen 32:30......

And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

.......What more evidence can be more plain than that, John?

    Perhaps Jn 6:46 might make more sense in light of many Biblical instances (suggesting some men are able to see God and live) if one considers the exception (save he which is of God) may be referring to anybody who is filled with the HG as was Stephen, rather than thinking the passage exclusively refers to Jesus.
  In His grace

John David Smithson  (JD in another and most regretable life)

--
Dave Hansen