From: Terry Clifton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Judy wrote: Why would you think Bill's belief more important than that of Perry, Terry, Vincent, Kevin, Laura,
and the others? The teacher is Jesus and he can speak through all or any part of the body; it's up to us to
discern what is of him through the anointing that dwells within those of us who belong to Christ.

Hey Judy: We all know that God is no respecter of persons, and the emperor is no more important to Him
than the shoe shine boy.  Still, God may choose to use Bill to reveal a truth to us that He has not seen fit to
reveal in any other way.  By deciding beforehand that Bill is not a probable source of truth, I think we stand
a chance of quenching the spirit.  I choose to hear first, then evaluate what I have heard.  Put another way,
eat the meat and spit out the bones. Terry He must increase. I must decrease.

jt: I think someone else has pointed out that with little or no discernment in the body of Christ these days
it's possible for baby believers to choke on those bones. The world teaches us to bow at the feet of academic
and sadly this idea has also come into the Church.  Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying ignorance is
bliss... but ignorance is also a form of knowledge and we need to be able to recognize when something is
of/from God and when it is not, the rising numbers of adherents to the cults show us that this is too often
lacking today.

When God uses others to bless or reveal something to me, most of the time they are unaware they have
been used by Him unless I tell them. 1 John 2:6 says "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also
so to walk, even as he walked" How do I going to learn how He walked? Is it more practical to go to
the source or try to figure it out from the ancient writings of the Nicene Fathers?  I still believe
1 John 2:20 "But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things" and 1 Thessalonians 5:21
"Prove ALL things hold fast that which is good"  I'm all for freedom of speech but those who speak publicly
should be willing to have their teachings tested in the public arena without being offended. Truth will endure.

judyt

Let noone glory in men for all things
are yours 1 Corinthians 3:21