I already asked this question of William. Maybe you can get an answer.

Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: "Wm. Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I'm perfectly happy to use "soul" as a word -- don't get me wrong. But
let's use it like the Bible does. It's a way of describing personhood in
the presence of God. But as to whether we are trichotomous beings, with
spirit, body, and soul, I would have to disagree. We are spirit and body
integrated in such a way that to speak of one to the exclusion of the
other, is to dehumanize and depersonalize, and to dichotomize who we are
as
living persons. Soul speaks to the whole of me, spirit and body,
integrated
before our Lord.

jt:
If what you say is so then how is the Word of God able to divide between
soul and spirit? If they can be divided then they are not the same
thing;
and it's obvious that neither of them is the body.

"for the word of God is quick, and powerful, and shaper than any two
edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of SOUL and SPIRIT
and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and
intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12)

judyt

God allows the devil to raise up heretics
to make his people study

Do you Yahoo!?