From: Dave
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 12:19 AM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Tough being a Christian

Wm. Taylor wrote:
Dave H.

Let me be the first to apologize on behalf of all of us for acting like we do.
DAVEH:  You need not apologize, Bill.  I feel a part of this so to speak dysfunctional family.
Truth is important, I agree. But truth to the exclusion of unity changes nature somehow.
DAVEH:  I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, Bill.  But as I see it......Truth may be limited if it is not unified.  Most everybody here is going to think I'm arrogantly seeing the disarray of TT as a fortifying factor in my own perspective of what I think is truth.  But as I've said before, I'm not in TT for truth.  If I were, I'd  have felt like I'd been pulled apart by vicious beasts many times over.   Hmmmmmm....now that I think about it, I've felt that way more than a few times anyway!   <VBG>

   If I had the power to influence TTers, it wouldn't be to have them all convert to Mormonism.  (Such behavior would do more to destroy the my Church from inside, than any enemies could do from the outside, IMO.)  Instead, I would much rather see Christians learn to treat others as I perceive Jesus would.  The problem is that most TTers think they are serving another Jesus than I do, so I don't hold much hope that a unity of the faith will soon be seen in TT, let alone a unity of fellowship.
I am sorry.
DAVEH:  No need to apologize, Bill.  I've not been offended, nor am I grousing.  I'm just offering my observations and thoughts.  I sincerely hope I have not offended any of my TT friends in doing so.

bill taylor

--
Dave Hansen