Iz:You draw me out! Bush's 'twinkle' may well be due to deceipt. (See the House of Bush/The House of Saud). The 'flatness' in Kerry's eyes may well be due to a rather poor choice re: his second wife. This poor jerk is saddled with one dim broad! (It's her eyes I'd be taking a closer look at). Sorry Iz but, you brought it up.

I appreciated all the rest of what you had to say.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: August 29, 2004 10:57
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Christians' authority over nature

Can you expand on this idea.  While I agree that demons surround us, I have only seen two persons who I was absolutely certain were possessed.  I did not feel called to try to eliminate the problem in one, and though I prayed for and talked with the other, I made no attempt to cast them out, nor did I feel guilty for not trying.  That may seem odd to some, since even unsaved people have cast out demons in Jesus' name, but I have no problem with it, nor do I think it makes me less of a Christian.  If the Spirit does not lead me, I do not try to function on my own in matters such as this.

Please share your simple method with us.  Someone may benefit.

I think you are correct in seeing answered prayer as a miracle.  Jenna is home from the hospital.  Prayers have been answered.   A miracle.

Terry

Terry,

You are right—one is no less a Christian whether or not one casts out demons or anything else. But it is something that we can do if/when the Spirit leads.  I gave a few examples in my book.  I can see in someone’s eyes, sometimes, whether they are demonic or have the Holy Spirit—I’m sure most Believers do also.  For example, (pardon me Lance) if you look into George Bush’s eyes there is a definite twinkle that only comes from the Holy Spirit.  Have you noticed John Kerry’s eyes? They are dark, flat, empty and have no sparkle. Even his deadpan _expression_ belies the depth of deadness inside of him. I’m just giving them as examples because they are faces we all see on the news every day. They are not unusual.  However, I’m not about to cast demons out of Kerry or anyone else—but if the demons within them are giving me any trouble I will just rebuke them in the name of Jesus and by His Blood, and they bug off w/o delay.

When we moved into this house, which is 99 years old, it had at least one “ghost” (demonic activity).  The first owner, Captain O’Day, had given his son a chemistry set for Christmas.  The boy had been playing with it on the 3rd floor, and caught fire and burned to death.  Captain O’Day, all these years since his death still wandered the upstairs hall grieving over his son.  It was quite spooky.  When I first went up the stairs with the realtor showing us this house I repressed the sudden desire to ask him if this house had a ghost.  Why did the thought ever come to me? I could feel it. I even felt dizzy going up the stairs. Before we moved in the woman who sold us the house took me upstairs and explained the story and told me about the ghost’s activity in the house.  She had never seen it, but houseguests had seen it.  The most recent one (just a couple of months prior to our moving in) had been when a woman houseguest said to her, “I thought we were in the house alone.”  She said we are.  The woman replied, “No we aren’t. I just saw a man walking up the stairs.”  This and other stories gave me the creeps.  So after we moved in I just went upstairs and announced to every demon that we were moving in and they were moving out! I pled the Blood of Christ over our home and everything and everyone in it, and commanded every spirit not from God to depart.  And they did.  The 3rd floor is now a very pleasant, cheerful, part of our home.

Sometimes you don’t cast out demons, but just rebuke them.  Since moving to the Central West End of St. Louis, which has about as much homosexual activity as San Francisco because it is the most attractive neighborhood in St. Louis city, a man nicknamed “Baton Bob” has been quite the entertainment on the streets.  He lost his job as an airline steward after 9/11.  So he decided to revive his enjoyment from high school of baton twirling but walking up and down the busy streets and through the café’ areas twirling his baton.  He is a muscular black man and quite good at it.  He wears his Walkman headphones and dances and shimmies and twirls, especially along busy Kinghshighway, across from the huge Barnes Hospital complex and alongside Forest Park, during rush hour traffic so he can be seen by more people.  Baton Bob also dresses in flamboyant outfits such as his pink tutu with pink feather boa and wrist bands, or his sparkling royal blue outfit with matching hat and gloves, or his favorite—the fancy white wedding dress with elbow-length white gloves.

At first it was just funny and a bit embarrassing to see this man parading around like that, obviously so demonic that he has been given over to a depraved mind.  He has made quite a name for himself and now makes a living entertaining at parties.  He has been many of the late night entainment TV shows like Letterman.  I never liked this nut case wiggling around the area but didn’t know what to do about it. Finally this spring I had had about enough of him, so every time I saw him I just started rebuking the devil in the Name of Jesus and asking the Lord to remove this depravity from St. Louis.  Recently there was a news article in the Post-Dispatch that Baton Bob has gotten upset with the way he was treated at the John Kerry and some other political rally recently and has moved to Atlanta.  I said, “Praise the Lord!”  I guess the Believers in Atlanta will have to deal with him now.  J

I could go on…but do you really want me to???

Izzy