jt: What you write to the list Lance sounds like adherence to this great big historical fact, call it what you like but in it's outworking this does not appear to affect the way you think and it is based on a completely faulty premise which is that Jesus in his humanity was exactly like us.  If true this would negate Him as a holy sacrifice and  an offering for our sin  because he would not be holy and without spot, he would have been born into spiritual death just like the rest of us who are born in the first Adam...rather than a 'holy' thing. A point your mentors appear to have overlooked.   judyt

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 12:52:20 -0400 "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Jt:Fast food diet I'm promoting? In many posts, this one included, I've outlined my understanding of Scripture's teaching vis a vis The Nature of God & The Nature of God's Gospel. (These two interlocking themes I believe to be a distillation of all of our conversations about everything). You top the list of those who have made such  dismissive remarks.

Would you be so kind, seriously, as to say in your own words what it is that you find me to be saying in order that I might come to comprehend your caricature?

thanks,

Lance
Sent: September 01, 2004 11:34
Subject: [TruthTalk] from O'Reilley to you

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:17:25 -0400 "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Correctamundo Johnmeister!!

In a message dated 9/1/2004 3:41:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

One plan (Incarnation), one covenant (Abrahamic), one 'delivery system' (Grace) (Again I say read the paragraph prior to the 'decalogue") One Saviour (Jesus-God/Man, Incarnate, Israelite, Second Adam)

js: Again, much of what Tim and I are saying is mirrored thinking.   In the end, he comes up with commandment keeping and I do not.   All of the above is true.  And God honored the notion of grace, His notion of grace, even during legal times  (Ps. 51:16,17 and Is 58:9-11)

Correct?
jt: Careful John .. there are lots of voices out there. I don't believe Tim and you have the same understanding or that you are saying the same thing.  And the fast food diet Lance is promoting above will kill you.   Remember all that glitters is not gold.