Title: 9/11 overview

Not sure what you are asking Izzy.  I want to give you the benefit of the doubt so I am trying not to think that you are saying, “These Palestinians are so despicable that even their own neighbors hate them and don’t want them.”  Please tell me this is not the meaning of your question.  I will demonstrate that the surrounding countries have taken them in in large numbers.  Lots of countries do have the Palestinians as refugees.  The refugee problem is so large these countries are having a very difficult time taking care of them:

Table: Palestinian refugees

Country population
Leb: 3,400,000
Syr:14,618,393
Jor: 4,139,458
Gaza: 963,000
WB: 1,571,575

Registered refugees
Leb: 352,668
Syr: 347,391
Jor: 1,358,706
Gaza: 716,930
WB: 532,438

Registered refugees as % of country population
Leb: 10.4
Syr: 2.4
Jor: 32.8
Gaza: 74.4
WB: 33.9

Registered refugees as % of total registered refugees
Leb: 10.7
Syr: 10.5
Jor: 41.1
Gaza: 21.7
WB: 16.1

Existing camps
Leb: 12
Syr: 10
Jor: 10
Gaza: 8
WB: 19

Registered refugees in camps as % of registered refugees
Leb: 54.5
Syr: 29.1
Jor: 19.0
Gaza: 55.2
WB: 27.8

Special hardship cases
Leb: 35,382
Syr: 21,374
Jor: 34,335
Gaza: 59,692
WB: 28,395

Special hardship cases as % of registered refugees
Leb: 10.0
Syr: 6.2
Jor: 2.5
Gaza: 8.3
WB: 5.3

Unemployment
Leb: 40.0
Syr: 8.4
Jor: 18.8
Gaza: 50-60
WB: 30-40

(UNRWA, Program Planning and Evaluation Office, August 1996)