From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Susan Petersen
Sent: Sunday, 14 November, 2004 04.42
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] 613 Commands
If the Levitical Priesthood is no longer relevant than why do we need Jesus as our High Priest? And if we are no longer supposed to do the feasts why are we going to be doing them in the Millennial Kingdom? Also, if we consider ourselves adopted sons and daughters of Christ why don't we have to follow the House rules? Following the Law is not a thing that we do to earn our salvation! We follow God's Law because we love him and want to obey him. John 14:15- If you love Me, you will obey my commandments. Jesus quotes the Law all the time. Also, John 15: 9-11- Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you ; abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commands and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete. Knowing and believing Moses and the Prophets is a must. Luke 16: 27-31: When the rich man asked to have someone  warn his brothers to believe, Jesus told him that they had Moses and the Prophets and that his brother should hear them. v. 31- But he said to him, "If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead. John 5:46-47- For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words? Matthew 5:17-20 tells exactly what Jesus came to do in reference to the Law. "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven." I John 2:3-6 explains how we know that we have come to know Christ. "By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him; but whoever keeps His Word, in Him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him: the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked. Suzy