In a message dated 11/26/2004 6:00:26 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I have argued Shabbat from this perspective and I get nowhere. I have a slightly different perspective on your comment, "Man is alone and God see that this is not good." I would say that "Man is alone and God sees that this is not complete." That's why a marriage was created [and consummated?] on that sixth day.

Absolutely.   If the "image" of God is the communal relationship on any of a number of levels, the marriage relationship would be the most intimate of those relationships.   Our relationship with God being the most pervasive.

Good post.

John