Slade wrote:
Does God preemptively punish us for sins that
we might/will do in the future? Then refer
to Gen 12.15-19.

I don't think God preemptively punishes anyone for possible future sin, Slade. If anything, this suggests to me that Pharaoh took Sarah against Abraham and Sarah's will. Then Pharaoh tries to excuse his evil action by blaming Abraham, "why didn't you tell me that she was your wife." In that culture, adultery was very taboo, so much so that killing a man in order to take his wife was condoned.

Slade wrote:
Kudos to Avimelekh for listening to the voice of
God and the shaking-finger-of-shame to Avraham
for compromising his wife.

You seem to be overlooking the fact, like everyone else, that God was angry with Abimelech and planned to kill him had Abraham not intervened. The text says nothing, not a word, about God being angry with Abraham, nor does the text indicate that Abraham compromised his wife. If Abraham had advertised himself to be her wife, and he was killed because of that, don't you think that would have compromised his wife to a greater degree than what had happened when he did not advertise his spousal relationship to her?

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org