Terry wrote:
At the same time, he [Abraham] is one of the last people that I would pick to be my hero. To me, he was just a nobody from nowhere with little talent for anything beyond being a shepherd.

I can understand your perspective, which is what makes God's favor toward Abraham so interesting. God obviously does not see things the way we mortals do. From God's point of view, Abraham's faith stood out in a very extraordinary way, just like a man who was 100 foot tall would stand out to us.

I find that when I try to see things through God's eyes, I can. It is kind of scary sometimes, and it makes me a mystery to those who have not exercised themselves therein.

Terry wrote:
I have already explained my attitude on speculation, so no need in guessing what he had on his mind concerning his wife/sister.

Fair enough. Speculating is where my creativity and imagination find something to do. Guys like you help me keep my feet on the ground. :-) I appreciate you.

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org