Jonathan wrote:
> The Trinity is the relationship as one of the
> Father, Son and Spirit eternally.  It is who
> God is.  To deny the eternal sonship of the
> Son is to deny the Trinity existing eternally.

I don't think this is true, Jonathan.  The Trinity is defined as the union
of three persons in a single Godhead.  It does not surmise that each person
remains exactly the same throughout all eternity.

I assume that you believe that prior to Christ being born of the woman, he
was not flesh.  Therefore, being born of flesh changed him in some ways.
Christ himself points to this glory he had before in John 17:5, and
Philippians 2 indicates that Christ emptied himself, and Heb. 2 says that he
was made a little lower than the angels.  Does this humbling of him mean
that the Trinity was abolished?  Of course not.  Therefore, it is
meaningless to try and argue that if someone perceives the term "Son of God"
to be referring to his being begotten of God in the flesh, that somehow that
translates into them denying the Trinity.

What would deny the Trininty is the viewpoint that Jesus did not exist from
all eternity.  Believing that he existed as God from eternity past, but
became known to us as the Son of God when he was born of the woman, does not
deny the Trinity.