[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a message dated 1/3/2005 7:25:59 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

You feel some compulsion to think that way Jonathan.  I do not.  The Godhead is three persons.  The second person has always been God just as certainly as the first and third person, but there was no reason to refer to Him as the Son until He was born of a virgin some two thousand plus years ago.  One who is eternal with no beginning could hardy be a son until that part of the plan (being born of a woman) was put into effect.
Terry

Does this reasoning work for the Father?
I honestly do not know.  I suppose that you could say He became a father when He created angels, and there is some justification for that in scripture.  You could also say He became a father when He created Adam and Eve.  The only certainty I see is that He became the Father of Jesus when His Holy Spirit impregnated Mary.
Terry