In a message dated 1/14/2005 5:37:49 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

jt: Can't agree with you John because the word Life in Gk is Zoe or divine life rather than sarx or flesh life.

Judy, you might dig up a good lexicon.   You will change your mind on the above.   "Zoe" is a work horse word in the gk and is used for physical life (i.e. Phil 1:20), in a divine sense (I Jo 5:20), final destiny (Mk 10:30); where God is equated with eternal life (I Jo 5:20)  and so on.  (Arnt & Gingrich)  Liddle & Scott (a lexicon of the common vernacular covering word usage in much more than the biblical mesage)  give us, substance, property, life, existence  --  even scum on milk  !!!     A work horse word in the gk  --   similar to "agape" in that regard.

I just noticed something:    In John 3:15 and 16,  the Son of Man and the Son of God are reconciled at the Cross !!

John