DAVEH:  Thanx Izzy........I don't recall anybody defining it in quite this way before.  Of all you mentioned, I think Judge a tree by its fruit is most likely the best indicator, though I suspect many would disagree with me on that.

ShieldsFamily wrote:

But when I have trouble getting a definition from a Christian (present company excluded, of course!) of Christian, it kinda makes me wonder why the reticence?  And that's just a simple question.

DaveH, since you have defined a mormon, I will give my definition of a Christian.  “One who is truly in (the real) Christ.”  (Not a member of a church.) How do we know if we are truly in the real Chist? Off the top of my head I will say we are:

1)     Filled with His Spirit

2)     Walk in His Spirit (rather than in the flesh)

3)     Walk in the paths of righteousness (not the ways of the world)

4)     Walk in the fear of the Lord (not in the fear of Man)

5)     Obey His Commandments / Believe His Word

6)     # 2-5 are all components of #1

These are not rules; just indications  “Judge a tree by its fruit”.  I’m sure we could all add to the list of indicators.  Izzy

--
Dave Hansen